Sunday, February 27, 2011

1) Everyone has met Richard Cory. Someone who suffers inner turmoil but appears outwardly calm.How did you deal with such personality?

Richard Cory
                Don't say you know me, when I don't even know myself.”
Richard Cory, described by Edwin Robinson entails a flawless man who is surrounded by wealth and class beyond imaginable. People dreamed of living in his shoes and no one could have predicted that what everyone took for granted on a daily basis was what Richard desperately envied until the day he died. Everybody wants to be like him, but nobody knows who he is inside, just like when I met this girl almost 6years ago.
As I was going to school then, I met this girl sitting in the back part of the seats reading her book about “how to win people’s heart?”. She appears to be like others, friendly, happy, and easy to get with, but I was wrong knowing her. Their Family was also rich, they have their own family car when she goes to school, and has a personal maid whenever she goes home in the afternoon. She never talked in front of everybody, she was a loner, she always brings with her that book. One morning, I tried to come over to her and ask some questions like, “do you have friends? Why don’t you go with the others? But I failed, she went away from me. As days goes by, I approached her one at a time so that she gets easy on me every time I get close to her. Later on, I started talking to her and got to know her I little bit deeper that before I first saw her. She shared to me everything she feels when at school, but what I discovered was she is alone even at home. In the morning when she wake up, her parents are not around because they have both work, and in the evening, they are still not their because of overtime, eating her dinner all alone, she was really mad on her parents and the world. She was a beautiful girl, demure, yet shy, but still I was able to help her with the sadness she keeps inside her. Nothing is permanent in this fast changing world, as they say.

When you're chewing on life's gristle
Don't grumble, give a whistle
And this'll help things turn out for the best...
And...always look on the bright side of life...
Always look on the light side of life.

1 comment:

  1. Here are your scores for the Semi-final exams;
    Question 1 –33/35
    Question 2 –28/30
    Question 3 –20/20
    Points to consider:
    1. Punctuation- Cheevy”, two
    2. Capitalization,
    3. S-V Agreement and Grammar- use of pronouns,antecedents
    4. Avoid run on sentences.
    5. To have substance in your paper , try also to link situations to your real life experiences.

    ReplyDelete